This is a very adaptable recipe and can be as simple or not as you wish to make it. Add one variation or none at all. I really like the one-pot aspect for days when I Can’t Even. Bonus: it makes real good leftovers for when the Can’t Even lasts through the week.
- 1 potato
- 1-2 heads of broccoli, about 2 C when chopped
- 2 C liquid (stock, milk, water. See below)
- Flair (see below)
Zero Spoons broccoli and potato soup
- Chop your potatoes and broccoli (or not, whatever works)
- Cook the potatoes: microwave or boil or saute, anything that gets them soft.
- Add stock, water, or milk (whatever you have), add broccoli and cook for a few minutes, serve.
- Transfer everything to a blender, blend until smooth, and serve. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, don’t worry. Chunky soup is great too.
- Eat a handful of cheese out of the bag. If cheese makes it on top of, or into the soup, that’s ok too.
One Spoon broccoli and potato soup
- Chop potatoes, broccoli, AND ALSO onions, celery, carrots. If you only like having the onion you can skip the celery or carrots. Or chop the carrot and skip the onion and celery. You do you, boo.
- Add a little oil or butter in a pot then saute whatever veggies you chose together in the pot.
- Add stock, water, or milk (whatever you have), add broccoli and cook for a few minutes, serve
Flex Broccoli and potato soup
Everything above PLUS cheese, sour cream, chives, parsley,