This is one of my favorite simple, plated (read: fancy) salads. Just top salad greens (mix in some blanched kale if you like), with avocado and orange segments.
Simple citrus dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, or any combination of these.
- Salt & pepper to taste (about ½ tsp each)
- Salad greens (1 head of lettuce or equivalent)
- 1 C kale, slivered and blanched (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 orange
To make the citrus dressing, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Zero spoons avocado and orange salad
- Toss salad greens, avocado slices, orange segments with as much dressing as you want.
One spoon avocado and orange salad
- Blanch a fistful of kale, sliced into strips across the leaves. Rinse in ice water and then drain.
- Toss salad greens with the dressing and arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle the kale over top.
- Arrange slices of avocado and orange segments
Flex avocado and orange salad
- “Supreme” your oranges, by carving away the skin with a chef knife and then cutting out perfect orange segments. how to supreme an orange
- Prepare the one spoon version, but this time arrange the slices of avocado and orange segments, alternating across the top of your salad greens
- Top with freshly shaved cheese (pecorino, romano, or parmesan would go nicely), slivered almonds, a sprinkle of minced parsley, mint, or cilantro, and a twist of freshly ground black pepper
- Flaunt that beautiful healthy salad on your social media platform of choice. Look at you! You’re doing so well at quarantine self-care!